Cloud adoption continues to grow at a rapid pace, allowing companies to benefit from robust data backup capabilities, increased scalability, enhanced collaboration between locations, and more.
Making a Seamless Migration to the Cloud
Why Migrate to the Cloud?
- Allows your business to easily scale bandwidth and space as needed.
- Presents more efficient data backup and recovery, even with lost devices.
- Increased collaboration allows teams to share files and communicate from anywhere.
- Access to enterprise-class tech at lower costs through a pay-as-you-go (OpEx) pricing model.
- Reduces reliance on hardware, eliminates time consuming updates and alleviates stress on IT.
Different Deployment Models
Type of cloud hosting in which services are delivered over a public network. In this model, you buy off-the-shelf applications and storage. Best suited for businesses that do not require a customized solution, but still need somewhere to host data and documents at a lower cost.
In this cloud model, the infrastructure operates solely for your organization. This is a more secure option that gives you greater control over your data and is best for businesses with a large IT staff and many legacy applications.
An integrated computing model that can be an arrangement of two or more cloud servers (public, private etc.). This model requires on-premise resources and an off-site, server-based cloud infrastructure. Best for businesses that need a high level of security, but require a public cloud environment where their customers can access data and applications.
This cloud setup is mutually shared between organizations that have common business interests. Best for businesses with shared security compliance concerns (HIPAA, FISMA, GLBA etc.).
The Convergent Cloud Advantage
The best aspect of buying cloud indirectly is that you have the option to assess and work with more than one carrier. When working with us, our experts will quote from a wide portfolio of carriers to match you with the right solution that will help you achieve the best business outcomes.
We have strong relationships with a wide portfolio of vendors, giving us the power to negotiate on your behalf and help you get a better deal on cloud services.
Efficient Service and Support
Rather than dealing with ongoing frustrations directly working with carriers, we will assume this headache for you. In addition to ensuring cloud migration is seamless, we’ll manage all contracts and support agreements so you only have to roll to one point of contact for your cloud solutions.
Single Point of Contact
We serve as a responsive single point of contact for all things cloud services. If any problems with your cloud services are to arise, there is only one person you need to contact. Additionally, we’ll deliver global support, without applying any hidden costs.
One size does not fit all, and we are fully aware of that. In fact, almost all cloud deployments require some level of service integration and customization. We’ll leverage our expertise to mix and match a variety configurations that will help you accomplish your unique business challenges.
Customized Connectivity Services Review
How do we determine the right solution for our clients? Convergent offers a complimentary Connectivity Services Infrastructure Review to baseline current technology services. Convergent makes it easy:
- Meet with your dedicated solutions engineer and/or account manager for a thorough discovery appointment. Convergent will learn your company’s top values and priorities
- Convergent leverages its market expertise and portfolio of over 120 suppliers to design a wholistic technology road-map for your company
- Meet with your dedicated solutions engineer to review the plan and discuss company impact. Convergent will provide extensive timelines and expectations.
- Installation dates, deployment schedules, project deadlines, support and escalations: Convergent serves as your ongoing single point of contact for all business technology services.